Since it’s the summer time, I figured I would write a blog post about how to pack like a pro! Packing light is always something I struggle with and I assume a lot of other people do to. I thought I would post a couple tips I have just to help any one else who struggles!
I will first shout out my awesome clothes and accessories in this luggage photo. The super cute sunglasses are from Urban Outfitters (similar linked), the clutch is from StudioDIY’s clutch of the month club (link), my block heeled sandals are from Forever 21 (similar linked), and my striped body suit is from SheIn and is only $8 (link)!!
1) Know where to purchase luggage. I for one will never pay for retail price luggage. I purchased some for the first time this summer and was ecstatic to find Diane Von Furstenberg trunk luggage (both retailed for $370+) for only $59 and $69 at TJ Maxx! I purchased a 24in suitcase and 18in suitcase and they make the perfect pair. Shopping at stores such as Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Ross for luggage is my #1 tip because it can save you SO MUCH MONEY that you can save for your trip!
2) Pack things you know you’ll wear. I used to be AWFUL about this when it came to packing. I would bring around three outfit options per day when traveling and it just was not feasible. Recently my family and I took a short vacay to Universal Studios. I decided the best option is to pack an outfit for the day time, an outfit for lounging that you can also use for sleeping that night, and an outfit for dinner and evenings. Adjust as needed but for park hopping this is the best option!
3) Ziplock Bags. Just do it (*insert Nike logo*). This is the best idea for every single vacation no matter what. Whether you use them to store jewelry, cotton swabs, wet bathing suits, etc. they will help immensely. At theme parks it’s a great idea because if you go on a ride with unexpected splashing or even if it starts to rain you have a waterproof container for valuables and phones!
4) Be cute but comfortable. If I have to do a lot of walking I’ll wear Nike shoes or my Chaco sandals to spare my feet from utter pain and blistering. That being said, I also try to pack cuter outfits for the afternoon/evening to take cute pictures with! When theme parking, this tip is very important. When walking through Universal, there were girls in dresses and even though I am a preppy girly girl I was not a fan of this idea. I went cute with my Ravenclaw tee and Harry Potter collar but comfy with some denim shorts and Chacos. It’s all about balance.
5) Always bring more toiletries then you need. This is the last but most important point. I always bring bandaids and Neosporin because you never know what could happen (especially to clumsy people like me). I also bring a back up pair of contacts as well as my glasses in case they rip or I drop and lose one. The one thing I have learned through the years is that when it comes to toiletries, it is always better to be over-prepared.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I hope it helps the fashionista in you pack like a pro! I look forward to reading your comments so keep ’em coming!