Happy Thursday lovelies! I thought midi dresses was the perfect topic for my next fashion post! I love midi dresses y’all. I always find that they’re the perfect dress length because with the right shoes you can look so tall and chic! The one featured was given to me at our end of the summer party this summer with Ascena Retail (my internship) 22and I feel even more special because I worked under Lou & Grey which is where this dress is from!
Dresses are my go-to items because they look cute and allow you to seem put together but they’re SO COMFY if you choose the right one. I am so that person who would wear them Freshman year of college when it was wash day (so maybe that caused this love for them haha). I also always wear them when it’s super hot (which means May-November if you live in Georgia like me) because they’re very breezy. I’ve linked my featured photo outfit items below!
I also think midi dresses a great transition piece for fall because they are longer than most dresses without being maxis! Mine above even has pockets (which you know is a must for me). Midi dresses also perfect for wearing booties with! These are my absolute favs because they don’t come up all the way on my ankle which is always a bonus especially when I want to wear raw hem jeans.
1. Signaturesoft Midi Swing Dress: This is the lovely dress I’ve featured above!! There is literally so much fabric to this dress guys. That being said I LOVE it because it makes it so much better and more comfortable to wear! It’s Lou & Grey’s signaturesoft fabric which will literally have people asking you to feel it/where you got it. That’s how amazing this thing is. It is $69.50, but right now it’s 40% off for LOFT’s labor day sale! which makes it only $40.00!
2. Calf-Length Dress: This dress I knew I had to add because there honestly isn’t a more “fall” color than this deep mustard yellow (in my opinion). I am also massively obsessed with ruffles and I know you guys like them too! This midi dress from H&M is great because you can easily dress it up or down depending on what shoes you wear with it! A super easy transition. It’s also great if you’re attending a fall wedding or a soiree type of event! Plus at just $39.99 it’s a worthy investment.
3. Button-Down Midi Slip Dress: I have been so obsessed with this dress since it came out because of 1) the stripes but 2) the tortoiseshell buttons! Target always makes the cutest dresses. I said this was a great transition item because if you throw on a sweater it’s instantly perfect for fall evenings that are cool. Then you can pull it back out to wear during random heat waves! It also comes in a nice deep olive color as well which makes it a winner in my book. It’s also only $32.99!
4. Button Front Midi Dress: I picked this midi dress from Forever 21 because I love this thermal henley type of look that’s popular every season. It’s perfect to lounge around in our to head out and catch brunch in! This color is also great because it’s just muted enough to be perfect for the summer and also fall! I’m also loving the button up front because I feel like it would be great to wear with the Free People Adella bralette! This midi dress is just $38.00 but I know you’ll wear it all the time!
5. Waist Defined Midi Dress: This last dress is a MUST y’all!! I loveeee this floral pattern so much. It’s great for any event you have or just to wear to church on Sunday’s! The cinched waist also makes it very flattering for any body type which is something I always look for when showing you guys items I love. I also have this thing for sleeves that are cinched too? I feel like it’s such a feminine detail I can’t get over. This midi dress from Old Navy is a bit pricier at $49.99; however, I know it’ll be a worthy investment!
I hope you guys found a new dress you’re excited to buy! I know I love looking for midi dresses especially when it comes to the fall time every year. If you decide to invest in any of these lovely dresses, be sure to tag me, @sequinsandsales, in your photos on Instagram!
As always, be sure to head over to my home page and subscribe to my blog to never miss another post! If you don’t want to commit like that, add me on Instagram at @sequinsandsales!