***This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #ColorAndMoistureAtTarget***
You guys asked for more posts involving curly hair, so here yah have it! I am so excited for this post because it is all about permanent hair coloring for textured hair with Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture! The one that I have just used is the NEW Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture hair color that can be found at your local Target.
Y’all know I religiously go to Target at least twice a week. It’s literally on the way to and from work for me so it’s easy to zip in and out! I ordered my kit of Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture dark brown online and picked it up in-store. It was that easy!
I also am always on a budget (and crunched for time), so coloring my hair at home is always ideal. I haven’t colored my hair in a little over a year, but I really wanted to again because the sun has lightened it A LOT and I like it being dark! Keep reading on to see the process I went through to dye my hair with the NEW Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture hair color and to see the final results! I am so happy with how my hair turned out and it feels even more moisturized than it has been lately.
Hair Dyeing Tips
To start with this hair coloring tutorial, I first wanted to list a few tips that I, and the company, both have on hair coloring! I used to color my hair a lot, and some of these things have saved myself (and my apartment) a lot of struggle.
1. Use an old towel or tee
When coloring your hair, make sure to use an old towel or t-shirt to cover your clothes! I wore a cute outfit to show this tutorial, but once I started coloring my whole head I threw an old tee over my shoulders to keep it off my clothes. This will also keep hair dye off your floor!
2. Use Bobby Pins/Clips to hold up sections of hair
This is one thing I learned that I needed to do VERY fast. With thick, textured hair, I really need to use something to hold up the tops layers while I’m dyeing the bottom layers of my hair! In one of my photos you’ll see I just used my huge pearl hair clip.
3. Lots of Dye in Your Tub Is OK
The first time I colored my hair I freaked out so hard! There was so much hair color in the tub after I started rinsing my hair out that I thought there would be none left! Don’t worry, this is normal. There will still be PLENTY that dyed your hair. It just has to wash out now!
Hair Dyeing Tutorial
I wanted to start this tutorial with a before photo! This was my hair with day two curls and completely dry. You’re supposed to dye your hair when it’s dry with Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture so be sure that you follow that rule too!
It’s kind of hard to see, but since I wore a bun while traipsing around Disney parks, it dyed the ends much lighter than the rest. This bothered me and that’s one reason I wanted to do this tutorial and dye my hair again!
1. The first step for this tutorial is to use the Pre-Color Serum and apply it to the ends of your hair! This part I actually really liked because I felt like it made the color adhere to my hair more. This was also the part that was a lot lighter and that I wanted to darken!
2. The second step is to then puncture the top of the Color Creme Tube (2a) with the bottle cap (it’s pointy on the inside!). This will allow you to pour the entire contents into the Applicator Bottle with Developer Lotion (2b).
3. You’ll then shake the applicator bottle until the contents seem to be well blended!
4. The fourth step is now to actually apply the color your hair! Pro tip: make sure to start at the roots and work your way down. This is what I do and I like this method the most! This is where I usually start parting my hair with bobby pins and clips so I’m able to start at the bottom layer and work my way to the top.
5. The next thing you’ll do (once all of the dye has been applied) is to let it sit! This is the portion where other hair dyes have burned my scalp, but I had zero issues with Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture dye. I let mine sit for 45 minutes to make sure it permeated correctly, but you can do anywhere from 20-45 minutes! I also already had dark hair which is why I left it so long. I usually throw it up in a bun while I wait!
6. The last step of this process is to use the K-BOND-PLEX Conditioner and wash out your hair in the shower! The conditioner that they have in the Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture boxes is SO MOISTURIZING. Like I want to buy a bottle for everyday use now.
Now below is the finished result! I have a whole hair routine that takes an overnight towel wrap. This morning I took photos showcasing my dry and styled curls! You can see that they’re much darker than beforehand and honestly look so much more moisturized too!
The main thing I love about the Color & Moisture line from Keratin Color is that it leaves your hair feeling nourished and moisturized! Some other hair color I have used in the past has NOT done this and burned my scalp. The various shades are also suitable for all hair types and textures from straight to wavy, to curly, and even coily!
I was also THRILLED that I felt like I had enough color to dye my whole head. Sometimes I’m scared that there won’t be enough to get all of my massive amount of curls, but this one did! I really felt like I was getting a salon treatment, but I didn’t have to leave my house. This was fantastic because I was literally building my tv stand while I colored my hair.
Don’t forget, you can always get yourself a bottle from your local Target store! There’s a list of all of the Keratin hair dyes you can purchase from the retailer (here) so be sure to check them all out. I also linked a few of the shades below my photo!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I have been trying to grow my hair out so now when I need a change I think I’ll just use Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture dye and switch up the color! The best part of this product is that it’s under $10 too! No need to pay hundreds of dollars at a salon anymore.
If you guys did enjoy this post, be sure to head over to my homepage (on desktop) or scroll down (on mobile) to subscribe to my blog! That way you’ll never miss out on another post. Not ready to commit like that? Be sure to follow me on any of the social media platforms below to always know what’s happening over here at Sequins and Sales!